We are seeking a junior/midweight writer to support our creative team in producing articles and marketing content. One day you might be interviewing for a story about some groundbreaking new innovation; the next day you might be writing marketing copy for a campaign… or you might be copy-editing a report into plain English… or searching for new, engaging ways for a client to present content.
Reporting to the content director, you will be a key member of our creative team, sharing ideas and insight around communicating with our clients’ target audiences through new channels or new ways of using existing channels.
You will be supported in developing your written and client liaison skills with us, and we can offer training in other relevant fields of our work. In turn, we are looking for someone who can inspire us and develop our creative offering.
- produce articles and features for clients’ print and digital channels
- write and sub-edit other content, including brochures, reports, presentations, websites, etc.
- produce all content in line with clients’ branding and style guides
- develop your knowledge of our clients’ industries, challenges and trends
- support the agency’s marketing – website, social media and other collateral
- be a team player – able to support the wider creative team during planning and brainstorming sessions
- take ownership of some projects, with support from the content director
- work on multiple projects at any one time, managing (sometimes tight) deadlines
You must have:
- excellent written and grammatical skills – and a passion for journalism and copywriting
- excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- a creative mind – be prepared to bring ideas to the table
- an understanding of tech and digital channels – websites, social media, ESNs, gamification, etc – and their pros, cons, how they can be used effectively; and an interest in new and global trends in communicating with internal and external audiences
- an interest in corporate communication – what engages employees in the workplace; how to bring consumer values into corporate content
- Some experience of publishing content online or in print, or of working in a corporate or agency environment
Useful, but not essential
- Basic InDesign skills; basic PowerPoint skills
- Experience of liaising with clients – by phone and email especially, but you may occasionally be required to meet with clients
- Proofreading skills
For more information or to apply, contact Rob Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Artful Dog
Artful Dog is a small creative communications agency based on Oval, south London, that produces content and design for clients across a variety of sectors, from healthcare and charity to mining and communication. We produce content for print and online channels aimed at internal (employees) and external (customers, members, patients) audiences.